Happy New Year! I had this post written for two weeks, and just now realized I didn’t actually post it…sorry about that.
I’m back on campus (and have been for about three weeks) for our “Interim” (aka Jan-Term), where I’m taking a creative writing class…we’re going to essentially write a novel in the style of NaNoWriMo and I’m a little nervous about getting it finished, but I’ve got my word count done for the day and that’s good! So if I’m not posting a lot this month (as if my posting schedule is regular, haha), it’s because I have no more words left in my brain to write on this blog.
Anyways, on to my January goals!
- Don’t allow the stress of Christmas to get to you.
Make your own decision about NYE and don’t let anyone else’s choices change yours. End the year with a good attitude.(I’m going to say the way I rang in the New Year wasn’t exactly the best, BUT, I’ve had a pretty great attitude about the year since then.) Finish Christmas shopping before the week of Christmas.
- Actually do the End-of-the-Year-Book-Survey this year.
- Read some more books before the year is out.
- Get passport application started.
Make appointment with study abroad office.
- Remember that internship spreadsheet?
- Blog more.
January Goals (this is reading more like a to-do list, but same thing, right?)
- Survive Interim
- Don’t stress too much about your novel
- Finish the novel
- Decide for sure on classes for next semester
- Order textbooks in a timely manner (seriously)
- STOP SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON FOOD.
- Apply for a passport.
- Get 75% of study abroad application finished.
- Apply for some jobs.
That seems like a lot more like a to-do list than goals, but……yeah. I also realize it’s almost not January anymore. Let’s all live in the now.