Wow. 2015 came quickly. 2014 was a really intense year for me, and I think I’ll write a reflection post about it later, but wow. It’s just been a whirlwind. This year, I decided I didn’t want to write resolutions. I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep them, and I feel like making overall goals and have aspirations for the year is going to be more beneficial, as opposed to making resolutions that I doubt I’ll even remember by February.
- Improve My Blogging // I hope this one is somewhat obvious. I want to be able to post more, make it slightly more of a diary format (like my last post was), but also built my blog as a brand, in case I need it as a possible portfolio for the future.
- Get Better at Budgeting // I’m the worst at budgeting and saving money. You’d be surprised to hear that my mom is an accountant and my dad manages money and numbers for sales. I hate having to budget and figure out how much I can spend on what. On the second day of the year, my dad told me that I need to start budgeting better. And I thought I was doing well. Clearly, this is an area I need to improve in my life.
- Be Healthier // I’m not exactly unhealthy, but I would say that this is an area in which I need to improve. I’ve been running after class with my friend Jordan, but I’ve also been still goingto Cookout and Zaxby’s for dinner. Which isn’t helping.
- Learn More // I want to take more classes and learn more and just learn more. This goes along well with the next one.
- Decide on My Major // I came into college being an English major, and then I took a History class that I love, and now I’m deciding that I might want to be a History major. So I want to be able to take the classes that are going to help me decide on my major.
- Focus on Self-Improvement // I usually put something on my New Years Resolutions list about wanting to improve things with others, but this year, I want to make this year better for me.
- Be a Little Less Obsessed // I really obsess over things. TV shows, musicals, songs, situations, people, if it’s there, there is a high possibility that I will obsess over it. Some of this is harmless, and some of it is just too much for me. Some of it is me just trying to make something a larger part of my life than it probably should be. Either way, I need to just work on being a little more calm.
- BE ME // I usually am myself. But, I want to focus on being me. Not worrying about what others think, or what I can do to “improve” myself. But being myself and being the best me I can be.
I might add to these throughout the year, but for now, I’m going to focus on these goals. What are some of your (belated) New Years Resolutions?